Haringey Welcome is a campaign group of local volunteers. We work for fairness, dignity and respect for migrants and refugees in the London borough of Haringey. We want a welcoming and inclusive community that benefits everyone who lives and works here.
We believe the Government’s so-called ‘Hostile Environment’ policies, aimed at vulnerable migrants, threaten the safety of those individuals as well as creating hostility within the wider community. In response, we aim to nurture and reinforce the positive values of diversity, inclusivity and welcome in Haringey.
In September 2015 we began our first campaign, as part of the nationwide Refugees Welcome movement. We wanted the borough to accept Syrian refugees via the Government resettlement scheme. In November 2016 we succeeded in persuading Haringey Council to resettle ten Syrian refugee families.
- CARIS Haringey
- Daymer Turkish & Kurdish Community Centre
- Haringey Anti-Raids
- Haringey Migrant Support Centre
- Kurdish Community Centre – 11 Portland Gardens, N4 1HU
- Latin Corner
- Living Under One Sun
- Migrants Organise
- Migrant Resource Centre
- Phoenix Community Care
- Project 17
- Selby Trust
Resources and campaigns:
- Docs not Cops – fighting to protect the NHS
- Migrants Organise: Challenging the government’s hostile environment online resource
- Schools ABC – keep immigration checks out of schools
- Pre-election briefing for councillors and candidates